From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:47:41 -0500
I am pasting to this e-mail a brief article from the latest Handiham
e-letter regarding some new logging software that supposedly is blind
accessible.

Has anyone tried this, and is it worth pursuing?

Does it work with Windows, or is it dos-based?

Would be interested in your thoughts.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ

KD5JXL recommends N3FJP logging software:

I have received several requests for support from visually impaired hams,
and I would like to help out. I understand, from talking with several
people, screen readers provide a lot of information, but navigating through
the data entry fields is a problem. As I am updating my programs for the
rig interface option, I am also adding a feature that will identify each of
the data entry fields for my contesting programs. As each data field
receives the focus, an audio wave file of my lovely XYL, Kim, KA3SEQ will
play to identify the field. For this feature to work, the wave files must be
added to the directory of each program. These files are now included on my
CD, or can be downloaded from this web page. To download the files, go to:
http://chesapeakebaysoftware.com/WAVES.ZIP .

The above is from is from Scott, N3FJP. He is a ham who writes contest
logging programs and other software. You can download trial versions of
everything he makes. I personally use his software for contest and general
logging, and have found it to be first class. The contesting programs are
written just for one contest, so you don't have to reconfigure things all
the time. His website is:
http://www.n3fjp.com/ .

73 DE KD5JXL
Chris McMillen