From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:17:44 -0700
Hi Butch, was it a heavily padded thing, called the Astronaut-8?
I had one of these 4 8 years. Was on sale for $100. I wanted it for
listening to aviation basically. The shortwave bands were gloss.
Had a crappy vfo, which could in a pintch receive ssb.
But, it wasn't reliable. But, a great set, nevertheless.
I was able to catcdh the chineese satellite on it.
I wish I could say I had the tape to confirm it, but it got lost somewheres.