From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:03:40 +0100
Hello Brian

No, the power doesn't tell you when it is full, neither of the other
controls selected from the same bank do also.

In reality their are a lot of this rig's functions which are not
accessible, but with a bit of experience they can be used by a blind
person.  The main advantage is that it is a compromise between
simplicity and some of the functionality of modern gear within a small
and reasonably simple to use package.

Further, it is a huge amount more blind friendly than most other gear on
the market.

I still prefer to use my very much less accessible FT1000MP due to the
completely separate VFO's which I find a must for contesting,
additionally it has the external keypad which enables me to almost
completely control the rig from the PC with the keypad to the left of
the keyboard and my paddles to the right - not that I use them in
contesting!

73 de g3yxx

I think you wrote  below <[log in to unmask]>,
k5in <[log in to unmask]> writes

>------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C221E9.120E0340
>
>Hi,
>
>My question for those that might have the ts570sg is this: when =
>adjusting the power level does the indicator make any noise when you =
>have rached 100 watts?  An example, the ts2000 makes a "bip" noise when =
>you have reached the maximum or minimum when adjusting the power out =
>and/or mic gain.
>
>Also, I wouldn't mind an example of why some users think it is so "blind =
>friendly"
>
>thanks, Brian k5in
>
>------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C221E9.120E0340

><HTML><HEAD>
><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
>charset=3Diso-8859-1">
><META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My question for those that might have =
>the ts570sg=20
>is this: when adjusting the power level does the indicator make any =
>noise when=20
>you have rached 100 watts?&nbsp; An example, the ts2000 makes a "bip" =
>noise when=20
>you have reached the maximum or minimum when adjusting the power out =
>and/or mic=20
>gain.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, I wouldn't mind an example of why =
>some users=20
>think it is so "blind friendly"</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks, Brian =
>k5in</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
>------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C221E9.120E0340--

David W Wood