From:
RiverWind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:04:20 -0400
Hi All,

Well, I have enjoyed UHF for a few months now, but it's time for me
to be moving on. As you might or might not remember, I passed my
tech exam in February, and I love two meters, because there are a
lot of repeaters in my area, which is quite mountainous by the way.

As I said earlier today, I will be getting a radio that covers the
bands between ten and eighty meters. However, I need a five word
per minute code certification, and I understand there is another
thirty-five question exam that I'll need to pass in order to have
a general license. Well, the code is no trouble, because I have a
cassette training set and some programs that will work nicely.

I got the tapes from Handiham, and I also got a copy of NYT/ Now
You're Talking from Handiham as well. However, the book Now you're
talking doesn't help prepare one for the next thirty-five word
exam. I can be ready to take my code test by the first Sunday in
August, and I'd also like to be ready for the next exam as well if
at all possible. Do any of you good people know where I can get my
hands on some or at least one book that will help me with this? I
would much prefer it to be either in electronic text, or at least
on tape. I would also like to know where I might be able to find
some test question pools for the general.

Thanks so much in advance.

Ray

KG4RJO

Riverwind