From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:05:06 -0700
Speaking of old radios ...

Another one of my interests is antique broadcast-band receivers --
especially portables which used tubes.  I have several working Zenith
TransOceanics.

Anyway, I also have a GE-250 portable which used a 2V lead-acid cell and a
7-pin 2V synchronous vibrator to do the AC and mechanical rectification of
the high-voltage circuit.  Anyone got one of these vibrators in good
working order?  Yes, I know I could just use the primary contacts and
substitute diodes and eliminate the vibrator buffer capacitor but that's W
O R K and, besides, I'm a purist.  These vibrators were also used as
choppers in a meter-reader back in those days.  Anyone got one of those?
I'd be interested in it, too.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >