From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:40:56 -0800
Hi Terry,

No, I didn't hear you but I think I heard a southeastern station working
you, at least that call sounds familiar.  I worked strictly a search and
pounce operation looking for states and therefore, didn't duplicate states
in the log that I should have.  However, just from logged contacts I had 34
total Q's broken down into 26 states, four Canadian provinces and 2 Japanese
QSO's.  All in all, about 6 hours of operation, most of that listening.  I
need to get something up for an antenna with a better low angle of
radiation.  I'm looking at possibilities of shunt feeding my existing tower,
building a shortened vertical that Phil, K0NX on this list designed or
putting up an inverted L.  I haven't decided which way to go yet but will do
one of them during the summer.  I will also probably build some kind of low
noise receive antenna for 160 and 80 this summer as well.

Thanks for writing back, take care and 73.  Good to hear from you.
Kevin, K7RX