Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:24:41 -0500
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:07:53 -0800, Jennifer Dube'
<[log in to unmask]> wrote.

Jen, I read your thoughtful post and generally agree with it.
In Prof Cordains new website FAQ (at which I would have some
objections to raise at other points) he acknowledges
that the paleo lifestyle - as it is practised by most
with a heavy meat base - is only possible for a minority of the billions
on earth.

However corn and wheat isn't the only thing which agriculture can grow.
I mean as far corn and wheat is considered as "unpaleo" - which is a good
allergy-preventing strategy but can be applied to corn/wheat eating
lifestock as well.
A lot of other crops can be grown , with less allergy problems,
abundance of minerals and vitamins, protein, fiber, what you want.

I compared the per-hectar yield of various crops as far as I could get
some numbers. And I found that a lot of crops have almost the same yield
as a field of corn. I recall bananas, almonds or carrots for example.
I took the yield per acre of bananas or almonds and computed
the calories and protein in them. And found that per area it's very
comparable to the "ordinary" animal fodder crop.

Carrots have little protein per weight, but the yield is 10-fold over the
yield of spelt or einkorn. Similar it was with bananas.
(in this computations I didn't account for "modern" chemical wheat
production techniques - this would yield the 4-fold as otherwise)

Therefore it *is* possible to grow enough paleo food, nearly as much
as today.

The problem is only that so much is wasted if we delivered the bananas (like
wheat) to factory farms to feed cattle. Which shit 90% on the ground.

Opting for more fruit trees.

regards

Amadeus