BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Hell is ... other people. --Sartre" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:24:14 -0400
Herewith the response from the Mighty Outdoorsman of Ossippee, NH.

From:   "Tim White", INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
To:     "Don White", DonaldBWhite

Date:   4/8/2002  9:33 PM

RE:     Re:above treeline hikes

Is this two or three days above treeline, or just two or three days including some above treeline?  Also, for eastern US, White Mountains and Adirondacks are it.  You can go into Maine, where it's not technically the Whites, but you need to be above 4000 feet in any case.
Daks are part of Canadian Shield.  Ridges tend to be less continuous, summits more isolated, but there are some that can be connected into above and below treeline routes.  Duration depends on hiking speed.  The High Peaks region is concentrated between Keene Valley and Lake Placid.  Further details available online, no doubt.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

TW