EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joe j lazzaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:45:03 -0500
If you have voice conflicts, you might also try using two sound cards in
the system, one for Dragon, and the other for the voice IP.

Joseph J. Lazzaro
HTTP://JoeLazzaro.Com

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Kathleen Cahill wrote:

> Cathy;
>
> That is correct, so he (or us or someone) would need to test the product
> with Naturally Speaking to make sure they get along and the VoIP program
> works with speech.
>
> Kathy
>
> At 10:36 AM 10/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Kathy:
> >I presume he is using something like Dragon Naturally Speaking and wants
> >something more robust and customized to his needs.
> >Cathy Alfieri
> >

> >Hi colleagues;
> >
> >We are doing some research into assistive technologies for an alumnus with
> >a spinal cord injury.  He does not have the use of  his arms or legs.  He
> >is curious about Voice over IP technology and how he might use it to make
> >telephone calls via computer with his voice recognition software.  Does
> >anyone know where this technology is these days and how reliable it is?  I
> >have heard that VoIP can have delays that make the calls hard to hear.
> >
> >Also, if you have recommendations regarding word prediction/on screen
> >keyboard software, I'd like to hear about them.
> >
> >Thanks so much,
> >Kathy
> >

> >++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >Kathy Cahill
> >MIT Adaptive Technology (ATIC) lab
> >77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
> >Cambridge MA 02139
> >(617) 253-5111
> >http://web.mit.edu/atic/www/
> >

> >Catherine Alfieri
> >7 Summer Tree
> >Pittsford, NY 14534
> >585-586-1682
> >Founder:
> >Monroe County Women's Disability Network
> >http://www.mcwdn.org
> >VirtEd
> >http://www.mcwdn.org/VirtEd2.html
> >RochEd Online
> >http://www.mcwdn.org/Roch/RochEd.html
> >St. John Fisher College - MSTE 260 Course
> >http://keep2.sjfc.edu/faculty/napoli/mste260/index.htm

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<