From:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:47:16 -0600

Thanks to everyone for their info on this subject. I'm sorry it
has taken so long to summarize. Most people said that indeed
a DH flairup is gluten induced. I have been GF since last July
and I think this was the first gluten accident I've had and it
was no fun.

Most responses were to take Dapsone. However after
speaking with my doc, I cannot take Dapsone because
of high liver enzymes. I was given an Rx for Hydroxyzine.
It's a pill taken 3 times daily. Also to take Benedryl which,
btw, makes me very sleepy. I'm not sure if it helped much
or the DH was starting to clear up on it's own but it is
better now. The doctor advised me that, to make sure
it didn't happen again, to NOT eat anything with gluten.
Well, I didn't do it on purpose! Gee thanks doc. $65.00
for that advice!

Other recommendations from the list are listed below. Obviously
I couln't try all of your suggestions but I appreciate each and
every bit of advice received. Thanks again and Happy Holidays
To ALL.      :o)

cortisone cream on the itching
DON'T ITCH
Benedryl
bathing in sea water
Epsom salt soaks
udder balm
neosporin on open sores
Shea Butter
Diprolene
Daktacort cream
Allegra
Retin-A gel
LEDERKYN
bathe with Tea Tree Essential oil
erythromycin
Klaron
Topicort
Cormax Ointment 0.05% clobetasol propionate