EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:31:52 -0400
Jim,

When you resize the toolbar, there is a dark grey line that shows where
the edge will be.  You can see this easily if you expand yours using
mousekeys, then move it back down until the bar moves to the bottom row.

As to the new applications appearing in the bottom half, that is normal.

Denis Anson

Jim Gerrond wrote:

>Alan:
>
>I do use MouseKeys.
>
>The first thing I did was to try dragging on the top of the toolbar. If
I drag part way down, then release, no change. If I drag to the very
bottom to the screen, the bar disappears altogether.

>BTW, if I open a program, the minimize it, the "button" for that
program is at the bottom half of the bar (below the "quick launch"
icons.)

>Have I stumped you!
>
>Jim

to turn on drag lock (step 2), and Numpad period to turn it off (step
3).

>  =================
>

>  The only technique that I know of to "fix" a task bar that has
changed size or position is to do some fancy mousing. (You cannot
change the size or proportions of the task bar using the Properties
dialog.)

>  I assume that your task bar is along the BOTTOM of the screen. If the
task bar is on the top edge, then reverse the CAPITALIZED directions in
the following steps:

>  1. Hover the mouse pointer anywhere over the UPPER edge of the
taskbar. Move the pointer up and down until it changes from the usual
arrow to a thin, vertical line with an arrow at each end. You have to
be very exact; the target is only three pixels wide. (The only way I
can do this with any kind of precision is to turn on MouseKeys, and
move the mouse pointer up and down.)

>  2. Hold down the left (primary) button, and drag the mouse pointer
DOWN a few pixels.

>  3. After you move the mouse pointer a few pixels, the task bar will
suddenly jump to its new width. Release the mouse button, and you are
done! Phew!!!

>  Alan
>

>  > Using Windows XP (Home Edition), I accidentally did something that
doubled the height of the tool bar.

>  >

>  > Currently, the notification items are scrunched in the right
corner, and my "quick launch" items are lined up at the top of the bar,
> leaving the lower half blank. When an application is opened, the bar
is hidden.

>  >

>  > I have right clicked on the task bar, and have tried different
combinations under "properties" with no success.

>  >

--------------------
Denis Anson, MS, OTR
Assistant Professor
College Misericordia
301 Lake St.
Dallas, PA 18612
Phone: 570-674-6413

Check out the EASI web:
http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Check EASI Courses and Clinics
To sign off this list
send e-mail to [log in to unmask] saying
signoff easi