From:
Mel Emurian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:44:29 -0500
i have two computers sharing a monitor, keyboard, and mouse by way of a kvm
switch.  i would now like to add a second graphics card to my main pc, and
buy an lcd monitor.
the pc i want to do this to has the agp ATI All in wonder radeon for video,
and is dual booting xp pro, and win98se.
my two questions:  can i use most any pci video card for the upgrade?  i
want to keep the agp card as my main video source, but i remember reading
something about the o/s wanting to use the pc card as the main source.
do you anticipate any problems with the kvm switch?  i want to mainly use
the new lcd monitor, and of course would prefer to use the lcd on the kvm
switch.
 the second pc dual boots win2k and win98se.

Hi Jeff,

I recently purchased an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro card. The documentation said
that it wouldn't work properly in conjunction with a PCI video card. I
suggest you check with ATI to make sure that will not be a problem for your
ATI card. Hope it all goes well.

Mel Emurian

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com