From:
Steve Sabljak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 02:10:57 -0500
Peter -- I would wholeheartedly concur with Carroll's assessment of Antec
cases.  I've got a machine built in one of their "entry level server" cases
and was/am quite impressed with the features, quality, etc. that Carroll
outlined in his post.  Antec's power supplies are also well regarded.

I would also recommend that you compare the Antec models to those made by
Chieftec.  Their cases are virtually identical to those models offered by
Antec, but at a significantly lower price.  I can't speak to the included
(if any) power supplies offered by the Chieftec people -- the machine I
built using their case was ordered without a PS and I purchased and
installed a PS made by Enermax. (This isn't meant to be a criticism of the
Chieftec's included power supply -- I can't speak to whether it is or is
not considered "good".  It's just that I had read good reviews about those
made by Enermax, and used one of theirs.)

Hope this helps,

Steve Sabljak