Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:52:02 -0800
My grocery bill INCREASED tremendously and my eating out bill DECREASED tremendously.  When you're eating from the bottom of the barrel - cereal, milk, white bread, etc. - it's cheap.  I never realized how much stuff I thought was healthy and cheap was actually just FAKE and cheap.

What's interesting is that this seems to be the way most people eat.  When I'm asked what I spend on groceries per month, jaws drop at the answer.  On the other hand, my jaw still drops when I meet people who eat out at least once a day and who refuse to eat left-overs.  It's like a race to see how helpless and picky we can get.