From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:46:53 -0400
Paleogal wrote:

>It won't be difficult to keep the protein at 12% of your total calories when
>the fat is so high.  You'll be easily sated.  Oliva

But the difficulty is in finding sausages with low enough protein
content.  For example, landjaegers (which I really like) are pretty
fatty.  Each one is 260 calorie, with 14g of protein and 22g fat.
 That's still almost 22% protein.  But by adding macadamias, which are
very low in protein, I can raise my fat intake and drop my protein
percentage.  You're right, however, that eating this way is very
satiating.  I'm trying to stick to actual foods, rather than having to
eat globs of isolated fat, for the purposes of this experiment.

I ate a cup of macadamias today.  That's 959 kcal, and only about 9g of
protein (according to label) and 7g of carbs.  I got another 1040 kcal
from landjaegers, and about 52g of protein.  Total calories for the day,
about 2000; 12.2% protein  -- right on the edge of DIT, according to
Blumberg.  To do this right, I have to get less protein tomorrow, and
more fat.  It's not easy.  Even cheese would be too high in protein to
stay under 12%.  Another handful of macadamias before I go to bed will
push the fat percentage up.  Total calories are still low for me.

Todd Moody