From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:02:00 -0000
Hi everyone.  Our IRLP is not up and running as of yet, but I haven't
checkedthe repeater today, so it may be now, but I just was thinking of an
idea for future rigs.  It seems as though people are always being reminded
that when on IRLP to wait a few seconds before speaking, and everyone knows
why you need to do this and that is because of the delay, but I  think it
would be easy for Kenwood and Icom to manufacture a rig with a go a head
tone that times in after a default period.  This wouldn't be on when in a
conventional repeater mode, but a separate IRLP mode.  Does anyone know if
this may be coming soon?