From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 09:40:42 -0800
I recently loaded Red Hat Linux on a second computer. My first objective was
to be able to network the Linux computer with my WinXP Pro system. I have
got to the point where I can see the Linux system in my network places, but
am denied access.

Mygroup (the linux group) is visible in network places.
Named: Samba Server (Localhost)
When I double click -- I get the following error message.

-----
\\Localhost in not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find if you
have access permissions.

You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. Go to
System in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again.
-----

Reading Red Hat Linux 8.0 Bible indicates I "should" be able to see the
linux file system at this time. Any suggestions, or am I too far out of my
element (I am on chapter 2 - Installation and skipped to chapters 15 and 18
looking for the info to connect the two).

How do I try to "see" the Win XP system from Linux?

Any help appreciated.

Jim