Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:53:27 +1300
I've been asking this same question on the net, on many forums, for about
two years - how does a DOS partition suddenly become a Non-DOS partition?

Regrettably, I still don't know the answer.  And although many thousands of
computer users must have viewed my queries, none of them has been able to
offer a solution, either.

About all that I can say is that I doubt if GoBack has anything to do with
it.  Although I've used GoBack from time to time, I had the DOS\Non-DOS
problem long before I heard of GoBack.

I also doubt that the brand of computer has any bearing on the matter.

To answer Jim's original question, I don't believe that there is any known
way to remove the problem without reformatting.  Which is damned annoying
and frustrating, considering that this change is caused by the migration or
juxtaposition of a very tiny number of bytes.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand