From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:11:56 -0500
It is a removeable drive. Go to device manager and remove this drive from disk drives and from USB devices.  Uninstall the software for it. Shut down and start over from scratch following the manufacturer's installation instructions.  I'll bet it has installed itself more than once.  If so, be sure to remove all examples of it.

>I recently added an external, USB2.0, 120GB HD to my P4 (runnung Windows XP Home Ed.)for back-ups and music files.  The internal primary drive is an 80GB drive partitioned into approx. 3 equal partitions.  Also installed are a DVD and CD-RW drives.  The installation went smoothly and the new drive was identified as drive H.  I then made my first complete back-up of the C, D, and E partitions of the primary drive using "Backup My PC"   Sometime later, I don't know when or what caused it, in Windows Explorer the external drive became identified as "Removeable Drive H" when I click on this "H" drive a message in the right hand panel of Explorer says, "insert disk in drive."  I am now unable to view the contents of my external drive or add any files to it.
>I also have Norton SystemWorks installed and Norton's Speed Disk, System Doctor and Disk Doctor now identify the external drive as Drive "I" not Drive "H" as originally done.  I am at a loss.

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>