From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:24:50 -0800
I agree with Tom. For my business customers I recommend they stay with ACP
to protect their systems, and more importantly their data.

Where I live I rarely actually have a power outage, and lightening appears
once a year, if we are lucky. If I do have a power outage it rarely lasts
more then two or three minutes. The only exception is after a serious
earthquake which is very rare.

I need a UPS for those rainy or hot days in southern California, where the
power company may decide to switch the power gird, resulting in a momentary
voltage drop. Without the UPS my computers will reboot. , Under these
circumstances, for my own personal use, any unknown brand, that is a good
deal, and is on sale at CompUSA, with rebates, will do.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>It depends on what you want the UPS to do, really.  To eliminate annoying
>power outages and protect a modest investment, I would be happy to use any
>inexpensive UPS, and particularly the OPTI.
>
>For mission critical servers / workstations / phone pbx / security alarm /
>voicemail / etc, I trust only a high end UPS.  We use a long life ups for
>the phones, and a high capacity for the main server rack.
>Tom Turak

>I don't have UPS at home, but I always wanted one.  Now I'm ready to get
>one.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml