From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:07:32 -0500
Do you have the jumpers on both drives set correctly? The new drive should have its jumper set to slave (see manual or mfg. web site for setting). Is your C drive plugged in at the end of the ribbon cable with the slave plugged into the middle?  Can you boot to safe mode?  If so, look in device manager to see if the drive is showing up under disk drives, and look under disk controllers to see if you have an exclamation point in front of one or more.  If you do, highlight that one and choose remove. Do a shut down/restart to have Windows reinstall the controller.