From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 10:10:57 -0500
I see that you may have a conflict involving "SB 16 Emulation" from a
SB Live Value sound card. I use W98SE with the same card and had
the same problem. I found it was using 2 IRQ's, one of which was for
the "Creative SB 16 Emulation".  I disabled "Creative SB 16 Emulation"
in Device Manager which freed an IRQ .  I can't find what capabilities,
if any, I have lost by doing that. As far as I can see, I still have a
functional sound card.
My questions to this esteemed group are:

What is "Creative SB 16 Emulation" ?
Which of us would need it and why ?

Thanks very much,  Bob Lendrim