From:
Alan Priol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:52:39 +1100
William, I have 2 hard drives on my computer each with a complete
working O/S.
To change from one to the other is a simple matter of entering the Bios
at start-up
and reversing the boot sequence of hard disk 0 to hard disk 1. Of course
your Bios must
have this option.

Alan Priol

In a message dated 11/4/02 A&C Thompson writes:

> Installing the new hard drive is the easy part. However, it seems to
me
> that dual booting two Win9x versions,
> even on separate drives, is inherently troublesome, even if it's
possible.
> Personally, I would scrap the dual
> booting idea, and try to tie up the loose ends with AOL first, then
install
> the new drive, make it the master,
> and install the new OS on it as the active partition. Then I would
find a
> way to import my favorites, address
> book, etc. from the old drive without trying to connect to the net
through
> AOL at all. Otherwise you'll end up
> with the same insidious AOL problems you set out to eliminate. Once
you
> have moved what you want from the old
> drive, you could format and partition it as you please, which will
give you
> more storage space.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com