Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:33:15 -0800
Hello all,
Here is my scenario. A friend of mine is running WinME on an AMD (K6) and 128mb RAM with 10gb HD. I offered to take a look at his computer for him after he couldn't connect to the internet and was getting as many as 10 error messages pop up at startup. After doing some diagnostics and fixing some errors, I decided to try and reinstall the operating system. The problem is , the installation goes upto something like 10% (copying files to drive) and it stops with an error "cannot copy files to disk. click enter to exit setup". I have ran scan disk, suface scan, and Norton Disk utilities but they all come up with no disk errors. Some of the error messages have been dealt with but here are the ones that are still coming up.

1. Unhandeled Exception C0000005 at address 100016b8

2. Cmesys unknows error

3. Mobile Device properties:
    The TCP/IP Network transport is not installed

4. Pgmonitor:
    Error in P65DK.DLL

Can anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I know it is combination of things making the errors but any assistance will be great .

Thanks
Mel Mofya