From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:00:29 -0800
By "won't run" I assume you don't mean, that it won't make the changes
while Windows 2000 is loaded. Partition Magic can not make changes to a
Primary Active partition while the operating system is running off it. This
would be the case with what your trying to do....which is to reduce your
existing Primary Active partition, from a single Primary Active FAT32 30 GB
partition = C:>, to a Primary Active 6 GB partition, AND create a new
Extended Partition with a single 24 GB FAT32 Logical drive = D:> from the
new unused space.

In order to do this you tell  Partition Magic what you want to change,
using the Partition Magic interface, while in Windows 2000, and then are
advised to reboot, so Partition Magic can actually make the changes to the
hard drive during the boot up process before the operating system has
loaded. Alternatively, you can boot off the Emergency Disks, which is the
same as booting off a DOS floppy, and then use that DOS interface to make
the changes.

The only reason that Partition Magic ( I assume this is version 6,7 or 8)
would not run in Windows 2000, is because you are running a version of
Windows 2000 Server. This is a licensing issue. Powerquest has other
programs for SERVER. If this is the case then there is nothing you can do.
Even running from DOS, and using the emergency disks to partition will
still not work. The only way you can use Partition Magic on a PC with
Windows 2000 Server, is to install Windows 98SE, and dual boot, and then
run Partition Magic from that install.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com