From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:20:48 +1000
>Did I understand this abstract correctly?
>Does it say that fructose exacerbates insulin resistance?
>This would mean that fruit would be off the paleo menu for >those who have
issues with insulin resistance.

someon would have to read the full study to get the details on quantities.
Paleo man from northern climes would have access to fruit about 6 weeks of
the year. this leaves 46 weeks to be in ketosis [there being no viable other
source of carbs available]. a large amount in a short time may be less
harmful than eating moderate amounts every day of the year.

andrew