From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:37:05 -0500
Thanks for the precise page link, Adrienne.

The makers of Eskimo 3 are far more open than any of the Australian
distributors and the proportion of other than EPA and DHA is far smaller
than in the products of others.  It is interesting that the non EPA/DHA
proportion includes lecithin (generally a soy extract) and a couple of
other additives.  There is also an unspecified amount of 'fish oil'.
Given that we are taking fish oil to correct the imbalance in our diet of
Omega 3s to Omega 6s, it would be helpful to know if there were any Omega
6s lurking in there and how much.

Andrew suggests the balance would include MUFA - well, yes; many fish oils
contain roughly similar proportions of SFAs, MUFAs and PUFAs, so you would