From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:34:45 -0500
From: "matesz"
> The effects of hormone therapy, whether undertaken consciously (by
> prescription) or unconsciously (through hormone laced meat) will have
> adverse effects.

Perhaps you speak scornfully of HRT with much still-youthful enthusiasm.
The *quality* of my life has been greatly enhanced since making a very
conscious decision to replenish in minimum dose what was so greatly lacking
in my body.

Agreed about hormones in meat.

> Recently research on the long term effects of estrogen replacement therapy
> revealed a greater incidence of cancer.

Bear in mind these studies are done with brand hormones.  I doubt that we'll
see any/many studies done on non-patentable, bio-identical hormones.
There's no money in it for the pharmaceutical open palm (though compounding
pharmacies probably make a tidy profit on them).   We may never know how
they compare to the ones that have been foisted on women for so long.  I'm
willing to take my chances for the as said improved (vastly improved)
quality of life the "natural" hormones confer.  The list is long.

>Why Grassfed Is Best and visit her web site
> <www.eatwild.com> to find a farmer in your area. It will cost less than
> buying by mail or from a store.

I agree with the benefits all around, but "local" is still very pricey, a
prime consideration for many without additional discretionary bucks to add
to the food budget.  As has been pointed out, it's cheaper to raise
grass-fed beef, but that savings isn't passed on to the consumer.  It's a
small but elite market that feeds off each other.   I understand the profit
motive, but where is the line drawn between profit and price gouging?  Not
easy to say.

Ray advises to eat lean if eating commercial.   May be good advice since
toxins accumulate in and are stored in body fat.

Theola