From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:13:43 -0400
Ben wrote:

>Keith
>I once queried the Price Pottenger foundation on what they thought activator
>X to be (about 2 years back). I got no reply. Lots of candidates I suppose.
>Could be an CLA http://www.lef.org/prod_hp/abstracts/php-ab153.html or an
>omega 3. I suppose people in the past thought it was vitamin E or something
>else. I always like to remind myself that there are many undiscovered
>supernutrients and the only diet that has a hope of supplying them is the
>Paleo diet.

The Weston Price website seems to indicate that activator X is
different from CLA:

"Butter contains both vitamin A and D, as well as other
beneficial substances. Conjugated linoleic acid in butterfat is a
powerful protection against cancer. Certain fats called
glycospingolipids aid digestion. Butter is rich in trace
minerals, and naturally yellow Spring and Fall butter contains
the X factor."

.:. Craig