From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:09:25 +1000
Adrienne,
think about it a bit more
If grains give cows low levels of omega 3 and vitamin E in their meat
then.......
What about humans?!
Remember that while we doctors love taking blood to measure fat and vitamin
E and cholesterol etc, it is NOT the same as measuring it in the tissues
(the meat)!!! So while you might find grains affect your blood tests only a
little bit, think about what is happening in your TISSUES- your heart, liver
brain etc. So at least use Eatwild as evidence as to why you should not eat
grains.

Also remember that grain fed fish are low in omega 3 and get coronary artery
lesions (The Omega Diet. Why is it so hard to get people to accept it can do
that to humans?

Also remember that there are lots of things we cannot measure (despite the
unspeakable (and unjustified) arrogance of modern medicine) and the ONLY
HOPE of getting them right is with a Paleo diet.

Personally I believe fervently that organ meats are most prized by hunter
gatherers, rather than the white blubber you probably are thinking of. Organ
meats are terrifically rich I essential fatty acids (but NOT if grain
fed)(agreed that steak is not a great source), and are also rich in many
vitamins, minerals, cofactors etc.

In Australia grain fed is more expensive! In the USA the corporate
kleptocracy has set things up the way they like and you have to pay more for
the product which has less input. I would view grain fed meat the way most
people view eating someone's left-overs, yuk!

Ben Balzer