From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:35:30 +0000
....I
>think that this is why the site emphasizes the leanness of the meat and how
>you will be consuming so many less calories if you eat grassfed.  Why is this
>a good thing??? I thought we've discussed to death the fact that in a true
>paleo diet, the fattiest parts of the meat (even lean animals contain fatty
>areas) would have been prized if not for their taste (which is reason enough
>in my book), than for their ability to give energy when eaten.  I find myself
>dumping lots of olive oil on grassfed meat to make it taste better and to
>help me feel satiated.

And I love the way grassfed tastes! I don't find it particularly leaner,
and it is all extremely tender. I tend to slather it with a lot of butter
anyway, but the taste is much sweeter and somehow "cleaner" than grainfed.
I eat a pound or so at a sitting, and would probably feel satiated no
matter what the fat %:)

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!