From:
Jennifer Dube' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:09:46 -0700
Delurking to weigh in on this. I am not strictly
paleo, so although I enjoy reading, I don't say much
:)

I eat a moderately low carb diet (not more than
45g/day, but most days hovers around 27g). I
accomplish this by skipping things like bread and
sweets, breaded meats, and the pasta/rice/potatoes I
feed my family (the crud is still in the house, & I
can't bring myself to throw it out). I eat dairy -
some days more, some less. Few/no artificial products.
Sugar in small quantities in some main dish recipes.

I have a significant increase in my perception of my
own body temperature. I survived a record-breaking
high heat summer with no air conditioning on my
previous SAD diet. When I went back to low carb, the
heat suddenly became unbearable, at 10 degrees less
than previous. I was sweltering, and pouring down
sweat. In fact, I felt almost feverish after dinner.
(& I still feel warm - the only reason I am writing in
past tense is that it is much cooler outdoors today).
I also have felt a strange but not unpleasant tingling
around my shoulder blades that I have been wondering
about.

I have no idea what it all means. My only explanation
sounds completely silly - that I might be feeling my
body burn off fat. I have no idea if this is even
possible. However, I did have to remove my ... ahem
... undergarment today because it was "sliding
around". Too big? I can only speculate that I might in
fact have lost fat there.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jen in NC

http://faith.yahoo.com