Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:19:58 -0700
Hi there,

I've been lurking for quite some time, but nonetheless, still enjoying
my paleo eating style.
As to weight, I too have had trouble.
I think with regards to we women, it's a hormonal thing.
Our bodies are just geared to carry a bit more fat than the men.
I lift weights as well and noticed when I first began, I gained some
weight which I also think is the gain of muscle.
Right now I'm (sadly) recovering from a serious lung infection for which
my doctor pumped me full of steroids (which are hormones and interract
with our own hormones) and antibiotics...I gained (still eating the same
amount of paleo food) 39 kilos in one month!
On the "last 10 pounds" thing...maybe the goals we set might be
unrealistic for a healthy weight? I don't know, just a thought.