From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 02:54:09 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/02 5:16:06 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>There's been a lot of discussion here about fats and the thoughts range
>from Mary Enig on the one hand to those who still shun saturated fat and
>can't get used to the idea of getting upwards of 50% of their calories
>from fat.  My brain is pushing me in Enig's direction, but cultural
>conditioning is pulling me back from a commitment.

I know what you mean -- all my formal education (nutrition a la the ADA)
taught me to be absolutely phobic about fat in general and saturated fat in
particular -- yet one day I realized that the fat we make from excess carbos
is saturated fat. It's fat we metabolize all the time. Why would mother
nature have us make fat that is harmful. It doesn't compute.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>