From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 03:39:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/02 8:24:36 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>One thing that comes to my mind at first is, that the body needs to have
>a "feeling" of abundance of energy before it would invest into the
>rather costly (in terms of energy) thermogenesis.
>
>As soon as some shortage signals were there, the best and most effective
>way to spare would be to downregulate the body temperature a little.
>-- what actually happens via the thyroid if calorie reduction is
>encountered.

In my case, my temperature is quite low (I've measured it anywhere between
94' - 96.5' -- rarely go higher); I don't feel cold though and my hair
doesn't fall out, etc.  In fact, if anything I often feel overly warm. My
thyroid panel always comes back perfectly normal.
Just found out my cortisol is a little high though -- probably the crazy
hours that I keep. I often feel quite sluggish in the morning, but gain
energy as the day progresses; tend to stay up quite late -- work out at the
gym every other day at least and usually burn any where between 300 - 400
calories for 30 minutes of exercise. Do weights too. So I must have energy.
Calorie wise I probably stay between 1200 - 1500 kcal per day. Thoughts!
Should I eat more?

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>