From:
Evelyn McWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:39:28 +1000
"Sounds like ketosis to me.  How low is your fat intake, water, and
calcium/magnesium/potassium.  How long have you been lowcarb, not
necessarily paleo?  Need more info to make suggestions."  Oliva

Thanks for that response.

I'm going to guess my fat intake as the equivalent of about 4 teaspoons of oil per day and half a dozen walnuts. Plus the hidden fat in the meat protein which I am now eating (having been vegetarian for last couple of years). So about 4 to 6 oz of lean protein per day (turkey at one meal, red meat at another).

Water: well, I drink a lot of caffeine in tea and coffee through the day (say about 10 cups) and try to counter that with about three glasses of water.

I have been seriously low carbing for the last four days by cutting back on the previously large quantities of fruit I was eating as well as the sugar sweetened beverages. So I'm now down to about five or six pieces of fruit per day. Other carbs are negligible - salads, broccoli etc.

I suspect the unaccustomed higher fat intake might be the problem as I feel a bit "liverish" this morning.

Evelyn