From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 02:41:47 +0930
"Peter Constantinidis [log in to unmask] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" wrote:

> The New York Times
> September 10, 2002
> High-Fat Diet: Count Calories and Think Twice
> By JANE E. BRODY

[snip]

> In a study by Dr. Chia-Ying Wang and colleagues at the University of Texas
> Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, reported in August in The American
> Journal of Kidney Diseases, just six weeks of a low-carbohydrate,
> high-protein diet greatly increased the risk of developing kidney stones.

[snip]

Having had a problem with kidney stones develop since starting "paleo",
this is an issue I would like to learn more about.

I wonder just what the mechanism is causing the kidney stones?

And more importantly, how my attempt at mimicking a paleo diet is
missing the mark and causing the kidney stones?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim