From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:44:21 -0500
From: "Jan Harkness"
>Do you use roasted almond butter or almond butter you make from raw
almonds?

Jan, I'm definitely part of the slow food movement but haven't yet found a
need to make my own nut butters.  Maybe I'm missing out on something.  I use
EastWind brand of almond butter.  It's a brand I've used for 20+ years and
think it's good.  It's also nowdays the cheapest on the health food store
shelf, made from unblanched roasted almonds, no salt or anything else added.
The sliced almonds I use in the recipe are raw.

If you use raw almond butter in the recipe, give us a report on how you
think the muffins/pancakes turn out.

Theola