From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:27:01 -0400
Although there has been criticism of Cordain for recommending
lean meats and olive oil, etc.  I find the following passages
from Neanderthin making the same points:

(p. 81)"Your primary sources of fat should be olive oil,
avocados, lean meats, seafood (especially fatty fish), MUFA-rich
nuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts, omega-3-enriched eggs, and flaxseed
oil."

This page is also a source for the recommendation that the ration
of SFA to MUFA to PUFA should be 1:2:1 (or MUFA = SFA+PUFA).

(p. 81)"Many health-conscious people are especially concerned
about eating too much saturated fat (SFAs).  If your diet is
composed mostly of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids and MUFAs,
your SFA intake will be regulated as a side effect.  If you
choose to regularly eat commercially produced grain-fed beef,
chicken, and pork, try to limit yourself to the leanest cuts of
these meats.  Don't eat the skin on your chicken or turkey.  Trim
visible fat as much as possible.  Buy low-fat ground beef."

For some reason I had forgotten about these recommendations,
which are the same as Cordain's.

Todd Moody