Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:45:35 +0900
Phosphor wrote:

> >The key question becomes whether we include or exclude >foods individually
> or according to "kind."

Our ancestors probably ate a lot of plant matter even in the
big winter. They just didn't eat it first  ;--)   Other big
predators, like wolves, eat the stomach contents and
intestines of their prey. Many human cultures do too. I
suspect this was the biggest source of plant material in our
diet in the paleo era. During the long winters, where else
would they have gotten it? The Weston Price site has some
info on this.

A lot of omnivoures also eat herbivoure's feces. Dogs and
pigs, which have digestive systems very similar to humans,
both eat a lot of feces. In fact, it used to be common
practice to run a few pigs in the same pen as cattle. The
pigs thrived on what passed through the cows (mainly
partially digested corn). Just a thought. Anyone willing to
experiment? Andrew? Todd? Ray, are you still out there?

Does anyone know a site on the web with information on Inuit
diets? I wonder about whether they ate caribou paunch. Bet
they did.