From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:25:15 -0600
Phosphor wrote:

> >My sister also has a lot of problems with insulin resistance.  I >forwarded
> her the "Warrior Diet" article that was discussed
> >here some months ago.  Warrior Diet = one meal a day, at
> >the end of the day, pretty much.
>
> how long did she take to adjust to going without food until 4pm?

She had been thinking of trying it, then one day she just didn't get a
chance to eat until 3 p.m., and it was okay.  She had already been
cutting down or dropping breakfast, so it wasn't too much of a shock.
She said if she was hungry in the morning she would eat a little salmon
or herring, or such-like.

I know there have been studies showing that eating many small meals
promotes weight loss as opposed to a few big meals.  But I think that
insulin resistance throws a monkey wrench into this plan.  The insulin-resistant

person's top goal food-wise needs to be to reduce the insulin flood, allowing
the cells
to stop feeling bombarded by the stuff, and start listening when it does talk.
One way, of course, is to wait till the pancreas finally gives up the fight,
then you're
diabetic.  This is not good.   Low-carbing works perfectly for some, not so well
for others.
Warrior diet works for some people.  I've done this in the (long) past, skipping
breakfast and
lunch, and have done very well, with lots of energy and losing weight.

    Lynnet