Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:48:13 -0600
>Re: Physical vs. Mental work

I do know that whenever I have to concentrate hard for many hours at a time
for many days, I am unable to make it to the gym.  I feel exhausted.

I'm a computer programmer.  The work I do on a daily basis does sap my
energy, however, I have enough left at the end of the day to force myself
through a workout. If I take on an extra contract in the evenings or
weekends, then no exercise is possible, I usually end up vegging on the sofa.

Katrina.

"Men ought not to labor at the same time with their minds and with their
bodies;
for the two kinds of labor are opposed to one another; the labor of the body
impedes the mind, and the labor of the mind the body." -Aristotle (Book 8,
Politics)