From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:37:38 -0400
This is only true as Andrew has stated if paleo man ate elk and deer
instead of Mastodons and cave bears or high fat grubs or even scavenging
brains on the savannah. I just don't buy into eating lean meat and flax
or olive oil argument to approximate a paleo diet. I'm not saying it
isn't healthy only that I'm disappointed that Cordain felt pressured to
make his book palatable to the mass market and even most nutritionists.

Mark

This statement supports Cordain's recommendation for eating lean meats.
If
one compared all the fat paleo man could find with all the fat modern
man
can find, one could conclude, by today's standards, that paleo man ate
lean
meats.  The difference today is most easily demonstrated by comparing
wild
meat to mass-produced domestic meats.

Marylee

---