From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:47:40 -0400
> Plus, I find it hard to believe that paleo peoples could have derived
> enough ALA from flax without processing.

Sure, but by eating animals (including insects, organ meat, etc.), paleo
peoples used the animals to concentrate the EFAs in their fat. Eating flax
is a poor substitute perhaps for this, but all we can do is eat analogously
anyway. It is perhaps a reasonable way to get EFAs with today's factory
farmed animals.

--Richard