From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:45:40 -0400
Plus, I find it hard to believe that paleo peoples could have derived
enough ALA from flax without processing. I've seen recommendations of up
to 18 1000mg flax oil capsules a day with 9 capsules the recommended
dose on the last Omega bottle I read. How much raw flax would need to be
consumed to equal this amount? Where is flax grown? Does it grow in the
wild? How much of the year would it have been available to paleo
peoples?

Mark

Well, that requires that we have all the necessary enzymes in the right
place at the right time, and that we are naturally suited to extracting
the
goody from flax. To me, these are unanswered evolutionary questions.
ginny, and my research assistant, Tomo

---