From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 07:47:19 EDT
In a message dated 07/01/2002 9:18:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> It just seems that since I've turned 40, I can't lose my weight!

Oh, yes - is this a familiar complaint!  When I was in my twenties and
thirties, a week or two on the Stillman diet (virtually all meat) would
always produce a loss of ten or more.  Now, it has taken me three months to
shake off an equivalent amount.

One thing that definitely will help you is to really push up your exercise
level.  I started some resistance training and added a few (very long very
fast) walks to my life - the results are gratifying.  I feel much better too.

I also find (for some very strange reason) my metabolism is much more
paranoid at this age - if my caloric level falls too low, I have difficulty
losing.  I need at least 9-10 calories per pound per day to keep it happy.
This means LOTS of fats - olive oil dressings, skins on poultry, etc.

Hope this helps!