CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Schirra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:55:49 EDT

This is my first posting and my daughter was diagnosed last October with CD,
when she was in kindergarten.  I am wondering what to pack in her lunches.
She is still lactose intolerant, does not like sandwiches and is tired of
peanut butter on rice cakes.  Any suggestions?
(I have 5 children ages 10 and under, 2 older and 2 younger. So far she's the
only celiac and the only one for whom I need to pack; the older ones pack
their own lunches.)
Also, how do I handle the possibility of her classmates accidentally
contaminating her lunch with their bread crumbs, etc. at lunchtime?  And how
do I handle trading  things in their lunches?  Do I just tell her don't ever
trade or do I give her something she can trade and tell her what she may
trade for so she doesn't feel left out?
I felt okay last year with the school situation, but this year I am starting
to feel quite nervous about it.
Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.
Laurie
Butler, PA

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *