C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:55:28 +0800
On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:28:17PM -0400, BG Greer, PhD wrote:

    Gallant Gesturer - aren't I great to help this poor soul

<shudder> All the guys I've encountered so far who have had any
interest in me have been this type, but being hyper-independent I tend
to get rid of them quick.  And the irony of these pillocks is that as
soon as you really NEED some help they disappear.  Have resigned
myself to being permanently single (but still living in hope!!),
rather than have anything to do with these types.  Really hate that
being single has been something forced on me rather than out of choice
though. :-((((  Have not yet had a relationship or anything that
has been based on any kind of affection on both sides - it's usually
just on my side.  Being single does have its good points, but not if
it's a default setting.  Wouldn't mind all the other difficulties -
ie, lack of access, job discrimination, poverty, early aging etc., if
there was someone to come home to, someone to hold me...

Rayna