C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:43:38 -0400
Yes, but I think UCP was a lot worse when I was a kid.  That would have been
in 1958 or thereabouts when I was five.  To this day, I still feel the
humiliation of being paraded as a pathetic object to encourage people to
cough up money for CP research.  However it wasn't just UCP.  Easter Seals
did it to polio kids as well, and of course we all know about the Jerry
Lewis telethons.

Kat