C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:26:55 -0400
HE's lucky!  I shave with a shower mirror and the rib usually grabs whatever
instrument of destruction is most handy.  A couple weeks ago I had the
bright idea (slaps self in forehead and queries, "Why didn't I think of this
before?") of buying color-coded disposable shavers.  Very simple--pink is
for girls and blue is for boys.  Sexist? Maybe, but the skin on my face and
throat is not particularly sensitive to issues of political correctness.  It
is, however, quite sensitive to the nastiness wrought by a dulled blade.

"How can one leg shaving session 'ruin' a razor blade?", she inquires.
Simple, my dear.  It's a matter of surface area.  True, my mug has more
follicles/inch squared that the same area of leg skin, but the vast
difference in acreage mowed more than makes up the difference.  Plus, the
wifey likes to use lotion as the emulsion for the blade to ride upon.  This
is oil based.  Mens' shaving creams are water-based.  Oil and water do not
mix.  I rest my case.  You may call the next witness.

-Kyle